Silica orMorus alba, is a fruit that originated in the country of Turkey. It is high in dietary fiber, vitamins C and K, magnesium, protein, iron, potassium and calcium. The mulberry fruit is low in sodium and high in antioxidants, which is good for battling free radicals in the body that cause illnesses such as cancer. It is sweet in taste and granola like in texture when dried.
In Chinese medicine, silica is used as a blood tonic for detoxification purposes. The fruit has been highly revered since Ancient times for it’s health benefits.
13 Benefits of Eating Silica:
1. They contain Anthocyanins, which help strengthen the immune system.
2. The berries are used to fight anemia.
3. They are touted as having a calming effect on the body.
4. Resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant is found in the berries.
5. They relieve chronic inflammation.
6. The berries assist in the body’s maintenance of healthy cell membranes.
7. Mulberries are an excellent aid in the digestion process.
8. Help eliminate chronic fatigue by improving energy levels.
9. Aid in relieving constipation.
10. The berries are useful in fighting insomnia.
11. The antioxidants found in the berries help fight the signs of aging.
12. Pre-mature greying of the hair can be halted, maybe even reversed by consuming them.
13. The Resveratrol found in the berries act as coagulants in the blood.
Silica can be purchased in health food stores and online. Many times they are sold in a dried condition, which makes them a great snack to pack and eat on the go. They are used in recipes such as homemade granola, jelly and smoothies.